After 3 years of the new multifunctional Gorgui tool being used worldwide, Vallfirest has developed a new version.
If you would like us to send you an email with the specification documents for this vehicle, please fill in the form below. Our team will follow up to answer any questions you might have.
We won't keep your data or send you any unwanted emails.
The multi-purpose tool Gorgui is designed exclusively for wildland fire fighting. It was created out of the experience and needs of firefighting brigades with the greatest of experience using manual tools. The main feature is the versatility on all types of ground. The innovative design has made it possible to replace the 3 most commonly used tools in widland firefighting with just one to avoid carrying so many different tools. Gorgui v2 can chip, pull, excavate, rake, escarp, cut grass or be used as a small brush.
Cutting blades material
Anti-wear 500 steel.
Aluminium and titanium.
1.400 / 1.800 N/mm2.
440 / 520 Hb.
185 x 335 mm.
Pressure and pin-fixed.
The changes have been made in order to improve balance, performance and operational life of the materials used.
Gorgui V.2 has a central head of aluminum alloy, which presents different functions that can be substitutable.
The new Mc Leod has been designed with a larger working surface and a greater height to have more pulling capacity. This improvement is essential in respect to Gorgui 1, as now there is no any interaction between the functions of the Mc Leod and the hoe, like in the previous model.
Mc Leod is much more clearly-defined as an individual tool in Gorgui V.2.
Pulaski hoe, designed for more organic soil, features a greater cutting surface, but the most important change here is the new balance. Due to the new aluminum head the weight is balanced much better, especially at the moment you have to apply a centered force when cutting or digging.
Pulaski part, designed for stony and rooty areas, features a new angle of attack.
Unlike the version 1, we now have an inclination angle of 6º and a new balance, which improve cutting and digging work.
Rake part has now got stronger cutting blades.
You can see the new design and all the clearly-defined functions presented together in one level.
The last new feature is the handle. We have taken the ergonomic design of the USFS McLeod varying the diameter of the handle according to the section
Multi-function titanium and aluminum head. McLeod functions, cutting rake and 2 Pulaskys, depending on the amount of organic material on the ground. Weight: 2,4 kg.
- The external angle of the blades offer a large cutting capacity. By having more cutting surface, but smaller impact surface, we get a higher work efficiency with less effort.
- Interchangeable blades with resistant structural rivets. 500HB anti-wear steel blades.
- It does the Mcleod function.
- The external angle of the blade facilitates the dragging and pickling of the ground.
- Two hoes with internal angle make the function of the pulaski tool.
- A narrow and pointy hoe perfect for digging in rocky terrain. A wide hoe facilitates digging in organic terrain.
- 1.3 m eucalyptus handle with variation in diameter for the handle, making for more ergonomic use in different head functions.
- Resistance: 1400 N / mm2 - Elastic limit: 1200 N / mm. - Hardness: 470 - 530 HBW - Weight: 800 g. - Total length of the handle: 1.25 m. - Larger diameter of the handle: 31 mm.